Monday 9 March 2015

Bloggers on the blog ....Off the Shelf Book Reviews

Bloggers on the blog


My latest weekly feature showcases some of the best of my book blogging community. 

These are the unsung heroes who are constantly on the look out for new and exciting books 

and who give so generously of their time ,energy and expertise.


***
This week

I am delighted to introduce


Vicki 





From the excellent blog






Vicki welcome to Jaffareadstoo

and thanks for taking part in our

10 questions in 10 minutes....





What makes you want to blog about books?

I love reading and always have done. My blog enables me to reach a wider audience and share my love of books. I already have two health blogs for my job as a health journalist, but I post on my reading blog far more regularly!


What type of book makes you happy?

A good psychological thriller with twist-and-turns and a brilliant ending - it doesn't have to be a happy book, just a well-written one.


Which book have you recommended the most?

Recently, it's between The Ice Twins (by SK Tremayne) and The Dandelion Years (by Erica James)


Which is the best book you received as a gift?

Years ago, when I was a teenager, my parents bought me a whole series of American books on writing about forensics and crime, as this was my ambition. I still have the whole series (and the ambition).


Which book has sent a shiver down your spine? 

Recently, this would be I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh. Last year I re-read Stephen King's The Shining, which was still very creepy second time round.


How many books do you have, as yet unread, on your book shelves?

I have 280 books on my kindle waiting to be read, plus another 20 or so real books. And I had better mention the 100 books sitting on my Amazon wish list.


Tell me about a book you’ve read more than three times?

I must have read a book more than once as a child. I remember loving Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie and Willard Price books, and then Stephen King, once I reached my teens. I currently have so many books to read that I don't have time to read them more than once.


What’s your idea of book heaven or book hell?

Book heaven would be locked in a bookshop overnight (as long as I had some lighting, food and water).

Book hell would be if the only book available was 50 Shades of Grey.


Where is your favourite reading place?

In bed usually. Although I am happy to read anywhere, including walking around the local streets with my Kindle to get some exercise.

What has been your favourite book of the year...so far ?

I am torn between three (all of which I have already mentioned above) - The Ice Twins, The Dandelion Years and I Let You Go.



Twitter @VictoriaGoldma2





My thanks to Vicki for giving so generously of her time

Jaffa and I love your blog

Long may it continue.


~***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.