Sunday 22 September 2013

Review ~ Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Lion Hudson PLC
20 September 2013



From the number of reviews on Amazon .com, it would appear that this book has been around for a little while and has now been reissued. This is my first reading experience of this author, and whilst I can appreciate her obvious skill, I'm afraid the concept of Christian writing still leaves me largely uninspired and I 'm afraid that the majority of the story left me feeling like there was something missing.
The concept of children sold into prostitution and following a life of degradation and abuse is not new, however the idea of a personal saviour being based on a biblical character, didn't sit comfortably with me and for that reason I didn't really enjoy the rest of the story.
I am sure that Francine Rivers has a whole legion of loyal fans who adore her books, and who will find much to enjoy in this emotional roller coaster, sadly I'm not one of them.




My thanks to NetGalley and Lion Hudson PLC for a digital copy of this book .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.