Friday 9 December 2011

Day 9 of the 30 day book talk...




A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving


Jo's Choice




This powerful and emotional story looks at families and sibling relationships and considers dark undercurrents which threaten the very sanity of the people involved.

Linda Gillard is one of my favourite contemporary authors, and yet I picked this book with some trepidation. The subject of incest, jealousy and family secrets is a brave subject to tackle, but with her usual skill, Linda manages to convey the message without being sensationalist, or too graphic. The power of the reader's imagination is allowed to shine through, and this became one of my favourite reads of 2011.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have recommended this book to my friends - read it if you can - you won't be disappointed.....



Jaffa's choice

 




 The only cat watching I need to do is to stop my friend Timmy from sneaking in and eating my dinner....

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.