Saturday 3 December 2011

Day 3 of the 30 Day Book Talk...




Your Favourite Series



Jo's Choice 

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

This is not a difficult choice as I have been reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon since 1991. The epic saga of highlander Jamie Fraser and his English wife Claire has captivated me forever..

Here's why....


Occasionally, when a book is special, you connect with the characters on an emotional level. The Outlander series enthrals from book one, it plucks at your heart strings, and enters the very essence of your bones until you eat, live and dream Outlander.
For me the Outlander series is far more than just a progression of books, it works as a time portal, it’s a love story par excellence, it’s an insight into Scottish and American colonial history, and as always, its brilliance lies in its strength of purpose.
I love the way the series develops, and the way that Claire and Jamie are presented as realistic people with foibles and flaws as neither one is seen to be too perfect.
And yet, the series is more than just the sum of its parts, there are characters in abundance that stay with you long after they should have disappeared from the page, even the animals have distinct personalities of their own.
I think it takes a very special writer to initiate and develop a story, which not only involves the reader emotionally, but also sustains that emotional involvement throughout the rest of the series.
I’ve been immersed, enthralled, captivated and beguiled by the Outlander series for most of my adult life, long may this series of books continue!!





This is me with my special copy of the 20th Anniversary Edition
Signed and dedicated to me by Diana Gabaldon






jaffa's choice

Simon's Cat




I think that the Simon's Cat books are my favourite series. I get most of my mischievousness ideas from looking at the pictures and great incentive to create havoc where there is calm....!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.