Tuesday 12 July 2011

Therapy Blanket...




I've just finished Knitting my therapy blanket - I find the whole process of knitting almost as therapeutic as reading - and I can listen to my favourite audio books at the same time - which means I get the best of both worlds.

I'm a great fan of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series - I read the first book way back in 1991 - it's hard to believe that this time travelling story was started 20 years ago !!

Whilst I've been knitting this blanket, I have listened to Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - which is Book three in the series - I've read these books so many times but this is the first time I've listened to them, and I am amazed at how much I missed, and how different the story is when read to by someone else. The actress, Davina Porter, is the excellent narrator - she must have the patience of a saint to read every word with such precision. I always thought that Jamie Fraser would sound a bit like the Scottish TV presenter, Neil Oliver - but I'm amazed at how close Davina can get with her rendition of a Scottish highlander !!


~***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.