Monday 6 June 2011

Cold comfort crime...

I have spent the last few weeks wallowing in comfort reads, so have decided to go to the opposite end of my comfort spectrum, and immerse myself in good crime novels. Jaffa is breathing a sigh of relief, as comfort reads are a bit girlie for him - he loves a good crime scene, and rather fancies himself as a super sleuth....



SO...... our reads this week are :


Broken by Karin Slaughter - I'm so excited to read this -it's been on my shelf for months but I could only start read it once I knew that there would be another book coming out soon...30 days actually to the publication of Fallen in the UK





The Burning by Jane Casey - I really enjoyed Jane Casey's debut crime novel The Missing, so here's hoping that this one lives up to expectations.





Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay - I read and enjoyed No Time for Goodbye when it came out way back in 2007, but then didn't manage to get round to reading any more from this excellent American crime novelist - so.... as I have two of his books on my shelves , it's high time I read at least one of them....



Thought for the Day - Books. Cats. Life is Good (Edward Gorey)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.